Thursday 15 January 2015

Reaching for the stars!!!

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your kind words, encouragement and support since launching my blog. I have taken it to heart and it has motivated me to keep working and make this first year of my 30s the year to make things happen. I have a lot of dreams, but haven't actually taken any action towards turning them into reality in quite some time. Yes, I've had two children within the last three years and it is tiring and utterly exhausting, but that's not an excuse. I could've done a little bit more to work towards my goals, if I'm to be perfectly honest with you. I just got lazy and it has to stop. Turning 30 has given me new perspective and new drive. I feel so much more motivated now and I feel like I need to take advantage of my current state of mind and strike while the iron is hot. So, I've started tackling project 'Self-publishing my first Children's book' and have made some headway. 


I’ve done a ton of research on the topic over the years, as this is something I've wanted to do for a long time now. But, I’ve always abandoned the idea, as we simply didn't have the money to fund this project. Self-publishing does cost a lot and it’s money we simply don't have at this point in our lives. We are a one-income family with two small children, in the process of renovating our small cottage. However, I DO NOT like giving up and have searched the net for ways to make it happen. During my search I stumbled upon a website called Kickstarter.com. For those of you who haven't yet heard of this amazing website, you should check it out because it's simply amazing. I'm not just saying that because it might be the answer to my prayers, but because it's giving people the opportunity to turn their dreams into reality when they don't have the money needed to do so, which is kind of awesome.  

 So many people out there have big dreams, are hungry for change, want to better their lives, or do the things they’re passionate about but it always comes down to money. It's frustrating, depressing and makes you want to scream. Believe me, I know. Finally, there is hope and I really love this concept. Recently, I supported a couple of projects myself and feel really good about it. Wait. Didn't you just say you don't have money, you might ask? Yes, I did say that but here's the thing. You don't have to donate hundreds of dollars to help out. Small amounts help just as much as big donations. Give what you can, even if it's just a couple of bucks, but go to bed that night knowing that you have brought someone closer to fulfilling their dream. It feels nice to help out and hey, what goes around comes around, right? It's all about Karma, people. 


So, here is how it works. If you want to bring your creative project to life but don't have the funds to do so, you can simply start a project by telling people your story. You basically sell yourself and what you're trying to do and if somebody loves you or what you're trying to accomplish, they can pledge and help raise funds to make it happen. I think it's an amazing idea because it helps the little people and the dreamers of this world and everybody deserves a chance to succeed, not just the financially blessed. I will check this page on a regular basis from now on and donate some money whenever I can.  

If you want to help a young mother of two self-publish her own children's book, so she can read it to her own children and also share her story with kids all around the world, check out my project at: 
 

Making this happen would also take a big weight off of Adrian's shoulders. Earning some money from home would really mean a lot to me. It sure would be nice to be a stay-at-home mom while still being able to contribute.  


Also, you wouldn't just be supporting one family with your donations, but two, since my amazing and very talented brother-in-law, Mat, is going to be the Illustrator for my book and has already created the beautiful Illustrations you're seeing here and in my Kickstarter video. He is an amazing artist and also an awesome person and both, him as well as his beautiful wife Danielle deserve to be supported.
You can check out his beautiful artwork at:

http://www.matdube.com/

So, who knows? In 3 - 5 months from now, I might just be holding a published copy of a children's book in my hands that has my name on the cover. How awesome would that be? I can hardly wrap my head around the possibility that this may actually happen. And, if it does, I owe it to you people. So, thank you so very much in advance for reading my blog, checking out my project and for helping raise money to fund it. I will be forever grateful to each and every one of you. As usual, I will keep you updated! 


P.S.: In order to make my project a success I really need to spread the word. If you could be so kind and share this link on Facebook or any other social media platform you might be involved in, I would very much appreciate it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/539964571/a-lovingly-created-childrens-book-for-my-kids-and?ref=nav_search

Also, if you like my blog then don't forget to subscribe, follow me on Instagram

 http://instagram.com/homesteadinggypsies/

 and like my Homesteading Gypsies Facebook page

www.facebook.com/NinaGypsyMama 

2 comments:

  1. Awww this is so inspiring, Nina! I'm so excited about your project, and that you're helping other people reach for their stars too :) You're setting a great example for your kids too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words Danielle!

    ReplyDelete