Saturday 29 November 2014

Miracles DO happen...

I can't believe I'm actually getting to say this, since I had almost given up hope, but I'm happy to announce that Sir Hendrix has finally been moved. After weeks and weeks of talking to the tow truck guys and the bus owners almost daily, trying to get somebody to go over there and do it, we finally had a nice sunny day yesterday and got the call we've been praying for. Adrian was so excited. He's been so fed up with the whole thing, he was ready to just tell the owners to keep it and move on. I kept telling him it would be foolish to give up now, since we had already invested so much time and money into trying to get it going and that his persistence would eventually pay off. Luckily he does listen to what I have to say once in a while and stuck with it. So, here's a nice little life lesson for you. If you want something really bad, it most likely won't come easy. You've got to work hard for the things you want the most and if you are persistent and don't give up, even if you want to do just that, it will happen. Here's some proof of that statement. A picture of Sir Hendrix all ready to be loaded up and ready to head to his new home.



I wish I could've been there to witness it all, but I had more exciting things to do. I had the pleasure of doing two weeks worth of laundry at the local laundromat and after that, I got to do the groceries. Yay me! Here's the kids making the best of day full of tedious chores.


Back to Sir Hendrix who's being hooked onto the tow truck in this next picture. 


AND he's finally on the road. After standing on a lot for 8 long years he finally got to go on a 60 km long drive on scenic roads on the most beautiful, sunny day we've had in weeks. Nothing but blue skies. I think he's smiling in this next picture, but I can't be sure since I can't find my glasses. Last time I saw them, Noah was trying to put them on the dogs' behind.


Adrian followed the whole way. Now, I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure he was smiling the whole time. Either that or praying he wouldn't have to witness one off Sir Hendrix's tires falling off. I know I was anxious until he called me and said that the bus had been parked at the local mechanics for the winter, where they will check him out and hopefully tell us it won't be to expensive to get him running smoothly again. A girl can dream, right?


And this is the beginning of what I like to call 'The Sir Hendrix experience'. I will keep you guys up to date on any news from the mechanics regarding Sir Hedrix's condition and will hopefully let you know soon, whether we will turn him into our future mobile home or our new stationary guest house. Either way, we're very much looking forward to his transformation and are very excited about this new project we get to sink our teeth into. Sometimes it is nice when things fall into place, especially when these things are free.

PS: I'm also happy to announce that Broody and her gang have started laying again and just in time, too. Adrian refused to let me buy eggs at the store considering we've got 5 chickens in our backyard, which is understandable but annoying, since I love eggs and was really starting to get quite agitated. I couldn't eat my beloved egg sandies in the morning, I couldn't bake and I couldn't make pancakes or french toast for the kids. In two words, it stank. But this week has taught me once again that patience pays off and when it does, it feels so much better because you've been waiting for it for so long. So please people, don't butcher your chickens when they stop laying, as I have suggested a couple of times, but show a little kindness and patience. After all, Christmas is coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment